The ToDay team has developed a set of materials, with the support of experts and specialists, which support the practice of tolerance in schools. Each lesson has been designed to form part of an overall day of learning but each lesson can be used as and when required by any school.
seven steps towards tolerance
- Create an atmosphere of trust and safety to support dialogue
- Problematising tolerance – explore what it actually means, the impact of intolerance, how does that feel, what issues does intolerance cause both personally, in school and in the wider world
- Building confidence and resilience
- Identity, rights and freedoms – understanding what makes me me, similarity and difference, political frameworks, Magna Carta, UN rights of the child, human rights
- Reasoning and reflection; thinking things through in dialogue
- Storytelling; perspective and the power of narrative – understanding story structure, learning to listen and building empathy
- Taking action – the importance of taking meaningful action that brings people together, heals divides, rights wrongs and promotes harmony.
If you are interested in understanding more about the methodology behind the ToDay programme, do get in touch.
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact: